Phone: (518) 756-6006, Ext. 3
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Town Clerk – Four Year Term
Cindy L. Rowzee
Current Term expires December 31, 2021
Deputy Town Clerk
Certificate of Residence Information
- New Online option available at the Albany County website
- The application for an in-person copy can be found here: Certificate of Residence Application and Instructions
- You will need to provide proof that you were at your address as of 6 months ago, and proof that you were in NY as of a year ago. If your Driver’s License was issued more than a year ago and has your current physical address on it then that is all we will need. If it was issued less than a year ago or does not have your current physical address then you will need a combination of documents that are listed in the application instructions.
Marriage License Information
- A marriage license must be obtained at least 24 hours before your marriage date and is good for 60 days. Both parties must be present. We are available to do a marriage license 8:30am-4pm, M-F or by appointment.
- You must bring a photo ID such as your Driver’s License or Passport.
- You must bring a document to prove your date and place of birth, such as an original Birth certificate or Naturalization papers.
- If you were previously married you will need the death certificate of the former spouse or the divorce decree for all previous marriages.
- If you have the ability to print, please print and fill out our Marriage License Questionnaire. If you cannot print we have blank ones available in our office when you come in for the license.
- The cost of a Marriage license is $40. We accept cash, check and credit card (a credit card has an additional $1.75 fee).